Twisungane Potters’ Association
Eric (l) and his wife Francine (wearing black) with Eric's father's family
at a glance
- This small group of potters are also members of the same family!
- Eric and Francine are married with four young sons.
- Eric’s father Faustin and his wife Jeannine are potters also.
- With the income from their craft, Eric and Francine have built a simple home for their family.
- Keep your eye out for Twisungane’s simple bird candle holders and aromatic diffusers in our Bazaar packages.
a closer look
The members of Twisungane “Let’s Be Together” Association are traditional potters from the same community- and the same family! They desire to use their art for their livelihood. Eric and Francine live with their four young sons in a home have built, complete with an outdoor kitchen for both cooking and for firing their clay products. The family looks forward to continuing to invest in the building of their home with future income from their pottery. Nearby, Eric’s father Faustin lives with his wife Jeannine and their young children. This small group crafts simple candle holders and aromatic diffusers for Azizi Life’s Bazaar packages.
- Population – 307,501
- Size of District – 648 km2, or 250 miles2
- Main work – Agriculture (coffee, cassava, vegetables and cereals)
- Official District Website: www.muhanga.gov.rw