Banana Leaf Tapered Tray: $42.50
Product Weight: 1.8 lbs
Product Style Number: HM/16NT/M/10
at a glance
- Deep trays are made from hand-gathered local banana leaves and stalks.
- This multi-purpose tray is sturdy and versatile!
- The diagonal sides and woven-in handles make the deep tray an interesting way to serve, store, and organize.
- On average, deep trays measure 9.5” x 12” at the base, and 16” x 18” at the top, with a height of 4.5”.
a closer look
The Deep Tray is crafted from the locally-gathered leaves and stalks of banana trees. Artisans use a specially designed, handmade needle to thread dried banana leaves around the banana stalks. The result is a super-sturdy tray that’s great for any use. We like to use the deep tray for serving (it has handles on either side), for storage, and for organizing stuff! Try one in your guest room for holding rolled towels. The diagonal side walls of the tray make them not only stylish, but easy to stack.
The Deep Trays are made by artisans from the Abaharaniriterambere People Fighting for Development Cooperative, who meet on their local school grounds. We invite you to get to know them- they are featured below!
Abaharaniriterambere (formerly Abahuzamugambi) Cooperative
- Abaharaniriterambere means People Fighting for Development Cooperative.
- Abaharaniriterambere’s artistic specialty is creating functional household items from banana leaves.
- Abaharaniriterambere works in the beautiful Nyaruguru District.
- Currently, the artisans of Abaharaniriterambere work in the local schoolyard, but they dream of building their own weaving house.
- The group has about 28 members, two of whom are men.