Caramel Twist Woven Pot with Lid: $36.00
Product Weight: 1 lbs
Product Style Number: WB/7TN/M/4
at a glance
- The caramel color of our woven pot is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan tea leaves.
- The sisal fibers are then woven around locally-gathered forest grasses until the twist pattern is formed.
- The flat lid makes the woven pot useful for storage and even stacking.
- The Caramel Twist pot measures 3.5 inches high and 7.5 inches wide.
- Shipping within the continental US is FREE!
a closer look
We are excited to introduce to you the Caramel Twist Woven Pot! This is our first woven bowl with a lid, which makes it extra-useful for storing things. These pots stack too, making them perfect for keeping things neat and organized. Some might call it a “Useful Pot to Put Things In”....
The Caramel Twist Pot is woven by women of Abibumbye “People Who Are Together” Cooperative. We hope you’ll take a moment to meet them in their profile below.
- Abibumbye means People Who Are Together Cooperative.
- The women have been working together since July of 2008. Their membership is now around 18.
- The artisans of Abibumbye dream of having their own workshop and market to work in.
- Abibumbye primarily makes coin purses, ornamental balls, and the Caramel Twist Pot. Group members also have skills in beading and crochet.
- Abibumbye works in Muhanga District.
- Population – 307,501
- Size of District – 648 km2, or 250 miles2
- Main work – Agriculture (coffee, cassava, vegetables and cereals)
- Official District Website: www.muhanga.gov.rw