Constellation small bowls: $22.00
Constellation siblings- six beautiful 7 inch bowls.
Product Weight: 0.44 lbs
Product Style Number: WB/3TB/S/3-40
at a glance
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Each small bowl measures 7 inches across.
- Constellation bowls are available individually, or in sets:
- Constellation siblings: one of each (6) small Constellation bowls for only $108: a $60 savings.
- Bordeaux & tea duo: 2 bowls for $44: a $12 savings.
- Black, tea, & white trio: 3 bowls for $60: a $24 savings.
- Each bowl has a loop on the back for hanging- a small hand woven bowl may be just the thing for that little space you’ve been pondering over.
- Or imagine the unique beauty of a cluster of small Constellation bowls hanging on a larger wall.
- Each bowl comes with a tag containing a bit of information on the artisan group that made it. (Check out their feature pages below!)
a closer look
All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
These small 7 inch bowls make a beautiful and distinctive wall decoration- they are perfect for a small spot that needs a splash of beauty. The bowls can also be used to hold small but important items like jewelry or keys, or to fill with small treats as a gift basket. The small Constellation bowls can be purchased individually, or in sets!
Abarikumwe Association 2
- Abizeranye means People Who Trust One Another Association.
- Abizeranye’s artistic specialty is weaving bowls, baskets, and earrings.
- The group welcomes new members, as long they have weaving skills or are willing to work hard to learn the craft.
- There are about 17 members of the Abizerane Association, all women.
- The women of Abizeranye have future goals of connecting with a large sustainable market, and of beginning a project cultivating mushrooms .
- Abizeranye’s weavers spend about one full day weaving a small bowl, and 2-3 days on a larger bowl.
- Population – 307,501
- Size of District – 648 km2, or 250 miles2
- Main work – Agriculture (coffee, cassava, vegetables and cereals)
- Official District Website: www.muhanga.gov.rw