Hand Woven Trivet *sold out!*: $18.00
Product Weight: 0.54 lbs
Product Style Number: HM/4TB/M/3
at a glance
- Our hand woven trivets are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- The tea color is created when the sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan tea leaves!
- Our woven trivets measure 9 inches across.
- We’ve also attached a loop for hanging your trivet up.
- Each trivet comes with a tag containing a bit of information on the artisan group that made it.
a closer look
Each trivet begins with the gathering of forest grasses and large sisal leaves. Once the sisal fibers have been extracted from the leaf, cleaned, dyed, and dried, the artisans are ready to begin. The sisal fibers are threaded around and around a core of forest grasses, the design taking shape bit by bit. In the end, you have a beautiful and useful addition to your dinner table! Hand woven trivets also make a lovely housewarming gift.
Oh- and in case you decide that your trivet is just too beautiful to put a teapot on, we’ve attached a loop on the back so you can hang it up!