Sunflower Garden Collection Bowls: $44.00
Product Weight: 1.5 lbs
Product Style Number: WB/SGC/M/40
at a glance
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Buy an individual bowl, or save $10 with the purchase of a pair (medium, and small) for only $56!
- Each bowl also has a loop on the back- the bowls make beautiful wall hangingsl.
- Each bowl comes with a tag containing a bit of information on the artisan group that made it. (Check out their feature page below!)
- Medium size: 12 inches across.
- Small size: 7 inches across.
a closer look
Azizi Life is pleased to present the Sunflower Garden Collection of woven bowls. We love the juxtaposition of this geometric design with roundness of the bowl and its rows. The designs of the medium and small bowls contrast in a way that makes them a great pair. Or try a cluster of 3 or 5 small bowls on a wall- each bowl has a loop on the back for hanging.
- Abizeranye means People Who Trust One Another Association.
- Abizeranye’s artistic specialty is weaving bowls, baskets, and earrings.
- The group welcomes new members, as long they have weaving skills or are willing to work hard to learn the craft.
- There are about 17 members of the Abizerane Association, all women.
- The women of Abizeranye have future goals of connecting with a large sustainable market, and of beginning a project cultivating mushrooms .
- Abizeranye’s weavers spend about one full day weaving a small bowl, and 2-3 days on a larger bowl.
- Population – 307,501
- Size of District – 648 km2, or 250 miles2
- Main work – Agriculture (coffee, cassava, vegetables and cereals)
- Official District Website: www.muhanga.gov.rw