Artisans use upcycled banana fibers to create woven panels, then add gitenge market fabric to create this bag. Your bag will arrive to you flat, but when you place the bottom banana panel, POP- the bag comes to life. The Banana Panel Pop-Up bag is very lightweight but sturdy. The combination of the natural banana leaf and colorful market fabric is fun and beautiful.
Our Board President loves to use her Pop Up Bag to carry her laptop to meetings. Or if you like to add style to your shopping, tuck the folded-up bag into your car and pop it up when it’s time to head into the store. We seriously love this bag.
- Artisans craft these bags using panels woven from banana leaves and gitenge fabric.
- Pop Up Bags have a removable banana panel in the bottom which gives structure to the bag. When removed, the bags fold flat!
- Please note that, as a tote, the bag does not have pockets or a top closure.
- We’ve tucked a little bit of artisan information in each tote.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth.
The weavers of Twivanemubukene work together not only to get out of physical poverty through their craft sales, but also to support and encourage one another in all aspects of life. The women care for one another and help each other with loans from the group for urgent needs, and increased income which enables them to purchase food, soap, clothing, and school supplies. Guests rave about their Experience Days with Twivanemubukene artisans! Every week, we each make a contribution to the group, which is used for members in need.Meet the Artisan