All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Handcrafted Details
- Limited edition Boutique Collection designs are made in small batches and will not be remade.
- Boutique Collection products are inspired by colors and designs sold at the Azizi Life Boutique in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Our hand woven bowls are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- Each woven bowl also has a loop on the back for hanging- the family set looks stunning when displayed on a wall.
- Each woven bowl comes with a tag containing a bit of information about the artisan group that made it.
- Artisans work 1-2 days to weave a small bowl and 5-7 days to weave a large tray.
- Dimensions: small bowl 7″ d; medium bowl 12″ d.
- Care: Wipe with a dry cloth.
This group of over 20 women work together as a family to support each other and develop their skills. Since working with Azizi Life they have been able to buy annual health insurance and pay the school fees for their children. We hope to gain income that will help us to maintain better lives and say goodbye to poverty forever.Meet the Artisan