- Our hand woven baskets are crafted from natural sisal fibers threaded over a core of locally-gathered forest grasses.
- The large basket is designed with a flat bottom, and makes a beautiful serving tray.
- Each basket also has a loop on the back for hanging- the family set looks stunning when displayed on a wall.
- Each basket comes with a tag containing a bit of information about the artisan group that made it.
- Large size: 16 inches across.
- Medium size: 12 inches across.
- Small size: 7 inches across.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth.
The weavers of Duteraninkunga began as members of a savings and loan group who discovered that many had skills in weaving. Those weavers taught others in their group, and eventually a weaving cooperative was born. With strength and endurance, Duteraninkunga weavers craft baskets larger than most weavers have ever made in their whole lives!Meet the Artisan