All of our woven bowls are created from dyed natural sisal fibers woven over a core of locally- gathered forest grasses. The weavers begin in the middle of the bowl, carefully threading the sisal around and around to create this beautiful design. The tea color is created when the naturally-white sisal fibers are steeped in Rwandan-grown tea leaves!
The Handcrafted Details
- Each bowl comes with a tag containing a bit of information on the artisan group that made it.
- Large size: 16 inches across.
- Medium size: 12 inches across.
- Small size: 7 inches across.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth.
The women of the Zamuka cooperative are focused and determined. They are determined to be excellent weavers. They are determined to support one another. They are determined to build a strong foundation for their cooperative, their families, and their community. The income from weaving means that they can invest in the health of their land and their families. As a result of our weaving, our children have increased access to nutrition, health, and education.Meet the Artisan