These bangles were inspired by the Ingata ring on which our beautiful Teardrop Baskets stand (pictured). Big, cushiony Ingata are also made using banana leaves from the field and placed between when hardworking farmers need to carry heavy loads on their heads.
Azizi Life artisan partners weave grass fibers together to create two designs of lightweight bangles. DuHope artisans add thread and tassel accents to complete the set!
DuHope is an ethical brand that creates safe and holistic opportunities for women in Rwanda’s capital to exit sex work. To date, DuHope has equipped over 30 women with job skills, spiritual development, education, and a way to earn a sustainable income with dignity. We love how our friends at DuHope walk alongside their group of artisans in faith, hope, love, and dignity.
- Set of two bangles handwoven from sustainable grass fibers by Azizi Life partner artisans and finished by DuHope artisans.
- Available in two stunning variations:
- Royal Blue: One black and white grass Checkerboard Pattern Bangle + One black and white grass “V” Pattern Bangle with royal blue, olive green, and maroon thread, and blue tassel.
- Maroon: One black and white grass Checkerboard Pattern Bangle + One black and white grass “V” Pattern Bangle with red, maroon, and mustard yellow thread, and maroon tassel.
- Each bangle measures 2.75″ in diameter.
Agaseke k’Amahoro Cooperative
The artisans of Agaseke k’Amahoro weave Traditional Grass Peace Baskets. The cooperative, born from the turmoil of the genocide, is comprised of neighbors from both sides of the conflict, working together for peace and reconciliation. Their vision is to promote peace within and outside their group as they practice their art for their livelihood. “We must continue to work for wholeness. We must continue to pray for peace.” - Pascasie Mukamuligo, PresidentMeet the Artisan