- An artisan weaves for 4-5 days to complete one basket.
- Hand-woven from natural sisal fibers.
- The naturally-white fibers are dyed with Rwandan tea leaves, creating a 100% natural product.
- Approximately 9 inches tall.
- Care: Dust with a dry cloth.
The founders of Abihuje began with the hope that if they joined their strength and knowledge together, they could work towards a solution to their poverty. As they began to work together, the group not only grew in skill, but in friendship and mutual support. The women of Abihuje specialize in weaving Rwandan Sisal Peace Baskets.With fair wages from their weaving and the strength of their friendships and faith, the women of Abihuje are raising their families out of poverty.Meet the Artisan