- An artisan weaves for about a week to complete one basket.
- Crafted from valley grasses and banana leaves, woven over a papyrus frame.
- Masterfully sized, the lid snaps on by aligning it with the base from back to front.
- Approximately 14 inches tall.
- Care: Dust with a smooth, dry cloth. Or feather duster. Everyone loves a good feather duster!
Agaseke k’Amahoro Cooperative
The artisans of Agaseke k’Amahoro weave Traditional Grass Peace Baskets. The cooperative, born from the turmoil of the genocide, is comprised of neighbors from both sides of the conflict, working together for peace and reconciliation. Their vision is to promote peace within and outside their group as they practice their art for their livelihood. “We must continue to work for wholeness. We must continue to pray for peace.” - Pascasie Mukamuligo, PresidentMeet the Artisan