Rwanda- Based Marketing & Product Development Manager
We invite you to become a part of the Azizi Life family! Use and expand your gifts and skills as we collaborate to multiply artisan income. You will be serving as a key role in our sustainability and growth, collaborating with the Rwandan team and network of US volunteers to implement best practice in marketing and product development.
Azizi Life is a fair trade organization, which partners with Rwandan artisans to bring beautifully designed, hand crafted goods to the world. Our central commitment to artisans is an expression of love, rising from our faith that Jesus is the source of all thriving. With a sustainable development and business model, we are committed to long-term relationships with artisans, customers, and staff.
What the role entails
Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Plan and create social media posts, email campaigns and blog posts to highlight artisans, products, and nonprofit projects and further expand our community and deepen their engagement in fair trade.
- Regularly update the Azizi Life website with new products and artisan information.
Visual Design and Organization
- Design and order print resources such as hang tags, post cards and catalogs.
- Oversee the development and organization of photo assets.
- Collaborate with Rwandan team to create bi-annual collections of new products for Azizi Life.
- Plan and execute the launching and marketing of new product collections.
- Advise the Azizi Life team on product development trends through trend casting.
- Participate in communications which result in an increase and retention of wholesale and retail customers.
- Experience in marketing, sales, graphic design, project management, and customer service. 3+ years preferred.
- Experience working with socially responsible brands or non-profits.
- Experience living in the US or working for a US organization for 4+ years.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, merchandising, brand management, product development, or related field preferred.
- Fluency in English, as you will be creating and checking others’ content for global distribution, predominantly for North America. Preference for additional Kinyarwanda language fluency.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe applications, Mail Chimp, WordPress, and other web-based software as needed.
- Proficient knowledge of digital marketing strategy.
- Graphic design proficiency and understanding of current brand design trends.
- Basic knowledge of website design and content management.
- Proficiency in copy writing.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work well with a collaborative team, but also independently, bringing timely and accurate outcomes.
- Comprehensive understanding of the US market, customers, and trends in marketing and products.
- Creativity, organization, and attention to detail.
- Photography skills preferred.
- Deep commitment to Jesus, people, the environment, and ethical business practice.
Time: 40 hours per week.
Location: Rwanda – choice between Kigali and Muhanga
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter by August 18th to Azizi Life Co-Founder Tom MacGregor at email@example.com. Please include links to see content you have recently created. In the subject line, please indicate: Application- Rwanda Full Time Marketing & Design.