Macy’s Designer Tip: The Grand Parker Tray is perfect for the family room ottoman. She’ll hold all your necessities as well as decorative things. It’s also great for serving drinks and snacks out on the patio and even making paper plates look fancy!
The Medium Parker Tray is ideal to mix with books and vases on a bookshelf. Or place her on your bathroom vanity to hold apothecary jars and other essentials.”
- Parker trays are made from locally hand-gathered banana leaves and stalks.
- Artisans use a specially designed, handmade needle to thread dried banana leaves around the banana stalks.
- Contrasting colors are created by using banana leaves from different varieties of banana trees.
- The Grand Parker Tray measures 20 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 4 inches deep.
- The Medium Parker Tray measures 12 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 2 inches deep.
- Care: Wipe with a damp cloth. Our trays can get wet, but do not submerge. Dry in the sun.
Banana leaves and stalks become beautiful and functional household goods through hand craftsmanship. Abaharaniriterambere means People Fighting for Development, and the weavers of this cooperative are determined to use their craft to lift their families out of poverty and contribute to their community. We use our time together not only to weave and exchange advice, but also to discuss important topics such as women’s rights.Meet the Artisan